Breaking News

Brookfield basement blaze started in dryer

Brookfield basement blaze started in dryer

Photo of Tara O'Neill

BROOKFIELD — Firefighters quickly extinguished a basement fire on Sunday night, according to officials.

Around 5:30 p.m., the Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company was sent to an Arrowhead Road home after being alerted to an automatic fire alarm. Officials said residents in the home called immediately after and reported a fire in the basement.

The first unit at the scene reported smoke showing from the eaves of the home. Fire officials said crews found the fire in the clothes dryer, causing a heavy smoke condition throughout the home.

Crews had to ventilate the home as others extinguished the flames in the basement. There were no injuries, fire officials said.

The Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Company responded as mutual aid.

The fire remains under investigation by the Brookfield Fire Marshal’s Office.